top of page

"Sugarloaf" News and Happenings

Updated: Feb 12, 2023

This is a new page dedicated to Sugar Loaf in Big Bear City, California The small mountain town of Sugarloaf, California is nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains, just a few miles from the city of Big Bear Lake. With a population of just over 1,000 people, Sugarloaf is a quiet, rural community that offers a unique blend of outdoor recreation, small-town charm, and modern amenities. History Sugarloaf was first settled in the late 1800s by miners and loggers who were drawn to the area by the abundance of natural resources. The town was officially incorporated in 1915, and the name “Sugarloaf” was chosen to reflect the shape of the nearby mountain peaks. In the early 20th century, the town was a popular destination for tourists and vacationers, and many of the original buildings still stand today. Schools Sugarloaf is served by the Bear Valley Unified School District, which includes two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. The schools offer a variety of educational programs and extracurricular activities, and the district is committed to providing a quality education for all students. Jobs Sugarloaf is a small town, so the job market is limited. However, there are a few local businesses that offer employment opportunities, including restaurants, retail stores, and service providers. The nearby cities of Big Bear Lake and San Bernardino also offer a variety of job opportunities. Housing Prices Housing prices in Sugarloaf are relatively affordable compared to other parts of California. The median home value is around $250,000, and the median rent is around $1,700 per month. Entertainment Sugarloaf offers a variety of entertainment options for residents and visitors alike. The town is home to several restaurants, bars, and shops, and there are also several outdoor activities to enjoy, such as hiking, fishing, and skiing. Statistics According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately 70% of the housing units in Sugarloaf are owner-occupied, while the remaining 30% are rented. The median household income is around $50,000, and the median age is 43. Overall, Sugarloaf is a small, rural town with a unique blend of history, outdoor recreation, and modern amenities. The town offers affordable housing, a variety of job opportunities, and plenty of entertainment options. Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to call home or a fun weekend getaway, Sugarloaf is the perfect destination.


*SAVE THE DATE*

The holidays are a time for tradition and making memories. Sugarloaf Property Owners Association (SPOA) is dedicated to creating a sense of community and beginning this year, we will hold our own Christmas tree lighting ceremony for Sugarloaf and east valley residents to kick-off the holiday season. Unfortunately, there was no suitable tree in the common area of our community to designate as our Christmas tree. SPOA purchased a new tree which has been planted in the center of Sugarloaf Park and will now be used for this annual tradition. The tree will be maintained by the parks department going forward. This purchase was an unplanned expense, however, your Board felt it was a timely opportunity to bring the community together after Covid. If you would like to make a donation to offset the cost of the tree, please visit https://www.paypal.com/donate?campaign_id=F7X6S7VK4CGPS If you have news, images, videos you'd like to add to this page, please text 213-948-3165 or email TheodoreTrentman@gmail.com Attn: This is a progressive article that will continue to update as new information is learned. If you have additional information you'd like to add, please add your comments below.

22 views0 comments
big bear city logo
bottom of page